Aftermath: Perspective in the Present
- Alert my boss and her boss (Chair of the board, anyone?) to my folly. “Yes. No. I knew it was locked. No, I don’t have a spare in my mailbox. Yes, I may have to do a B&E.”
- Curse loudly as I try to wiggle the doorknob open. Futile effort if there ever was one.
- Walk around aimlessly in the yard in search of an open window.
- Locate an unlatched window to realize that it is FAR too high to climb into. Use the TRASH CAN to climb high enough to open the window…fail to shimmy into the open space.
- Visit every neighbor on the block in search of a step ladder.
- Finally, wake the next door neighbor, who plays Marvin Gaye at all hours of the day, and request assistance.
|The 4 inch heels|